St. Mary’s College was 100 years old in 2019 and we celebrated this important milestone with an exciting programme of centenary celebrations.
Our centenary celebrations and events included a special Service of Thanksgiving & Celebration Dinner at Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral on Saturday 15th June 2019 with former St. Mary's pupil Cardinal Vincent Nichols celebrating; centenary concerts with performances from past & present pupils; reunion sports fixtures; ‘Back to School’ tours & lectures for alumni; 'Back in Time' activities for our current pupils; the publication of a commemorative book and lots more.
Here are just some of the celebration events that took place during our centenary year:
- Centenary Celebration Concert, Liverpool Philharmonic Hall - Saturday 23rd March 2019
- Centenary Service of Thanksgiving & Celebration Dinner, Metropolitan Cathedral, Saturday 15th June 2019
- St. Mary’s vs. MCC Cricket Match, Northern Cricket Club - Wednesday 3rd July 2019
- Proms in the Park, College Games Field, Blundell Park - Saturday 13th July 2019
- Prize Giving & End of Centenary Year Celebration, Metropolitan Cathedral - Monday 9th December 2019
- Festive Music Reunion & Sports Day, College Games Field, Blundell Park - Friday 27th December 2019
Give a child the gift of opportunity
St. Mary's College has a proud tradition of enabling pupils from a wide variety of backgrounds to attend. We offer a number of scholarships, including our Edmund Rice Awards (assisted places), which are offered to exceptional applicants whose families need assistance with fees.
As we look forward with confidence and optimism to our Centenary in 2019, we have launched a new Centenary Fund in order to ensure we can continue to provide support to those who need it the most.
As well as raising funds for scholarships and bursaries, the Centenary Fund will also be used to fund investment in new facilities to ensure we provide our pupils with an outstanding environment in which to learn both now and in the future.
Without the generous support we receive from our donors, St. Mary's College would not be the thriving academic establishment it is today; we hope we can rely on your support as we invest in our future.
To find out more about the Centenary Fund and other ways in which you can offer your support to St. Mary's College, please contact our Development Office on 0151 924 3926.
To start contributing to the Centenary Fund please download the form via the link below and complete and return it to the Development Office at the senior school.
With thanks in anticipation of your support.
Download the gift form here