Please download a copy of our ISI inspection report, which has recently been published in the following two parts:
St. Mary's College - ISI Educational Quality Inspection Report 2017
St. Mary's College - ISI Focused Compliance Inspection Report 2017
Welcome to the St. Mary’s College website. As you explore these pages, you will see what makes our school community unique, and how we provide better opportunities, better results and a better future for our pupils.
We are an independent, co-educational school with a Christian ethos, specifically Roman Catholic but welcoming pupils of all faiths. We cater for 0-18 year olds, providing children with continuity of education throughout their school lives.
Encouraging academic excellence is a vital part of our work, and we celebrated another fantastic set of exam results last summer:
- 94% of GCSE candidates achieved 5+ A*-C grades (incl. English and Maths)
- Almost half of all GCSE passes were A*/A grades
- A fifth of GCSE candidates achieved 10+ A*/A grades each
- 39% of GCSE candidates achieved 7+ A*/A grades each
- Top trio Sam Bennett, Sophie James and Lily McGuire achieved 34 A*/A grades between them, including 25 A*s
- Star performer Lily McGuire achieved an impressive 10 A* grades plus an A and a B
- 98% A Level pass rate
- 34% of A Level grades were A*/A grades
- The number of students achieving straight A passes trebled compared to 2015 with over 20% of all A Level candidates achieving at least three A grades
However, at St. Mary’s success is measured by much more than examination results. We place great emphasis on the development of the whole person, encouraging achievement in many fields via our rich programme of extra-curricular activities.
The college promotes caring for others, and offers significant opportunities for spiritual and moral development.
All of these factors help to make the college a learning environment in which children can develop into bright, confident young people who want to make the world better for others, as well as themselves. At St. Mary’s, we believe this is what education is all about.
I hope that you enjoy browsing our website and I encourage you to visit us and see for yourself what makes St. Mary’s so special.
Michael Kennedy BSc MA